Our new free eLearning course is specifically designed for careworkers, assistants in nursing and support workers. It will help you to learn more about the importance of early discussions about palliative care for people living with dementia, to enable better care. It will also help you to communicate any distress you observe in a person living with advanced dementia.
What are the learning outcomes from the Careworkers course?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what advance care planning is and how it is relevant for a person living with dementia.
- Describe what palliative care is and how it might be relevant for a person living with dementia.
- Record and communicate distress observed in people living with advanced dementia.
- Support families to record and communicate distress they observe in a person living with advanced dementia.
How long will the Careworkers course take and what will I receive?
- There are 5 modules in this course. This course is expected to take approximately 2 hours.
- You do not have to complete the entire course in one sitting. You can stop and continue from where you left when it suits you.
- After completion of this course you will receive a certificate of completion for 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
How does the training make it easier to have courageous conversations with people living with dementia?
- This free, self-paced eLearning course is specifically designed for careworkers in residential and community aged care, to build confidence, capacity, and skills.
- Training is conveniently accessible online and walks you step-by-step through approaches and tips for using a new tool that can help you to record and communicate distress in a person living with advanced dementia.
- All the training modules feature interactive case-studies and engaging videos based on real-life scenarios.
- Our free, practical suite of evidence-based dementia specific resources can be downloaded from our website.
- The Advance Project Team are here for you if you have questions about this training or want to share any feedback to improve them.