After completing the eLearning course, general practice managers will be able to:
- Describe the benefits and role of general practice in advance care planning and early identification and assessment of patients’ palliative and supportive care needs;
- List the Advance Project® resources that are available to support general practitioners (GPs) and general practice nurses to initiate advance care planning discussions and palliative and supportive care needs assessment;
- Describe how practice managers can support GPs and general practice nurses to start implementing the Advance Project® resources into everyday clinical practice.
There are three learning modules for general practice managers. We encourage you to complete all of the modules in the following order:
- Module 1: An introduction to advance care planning and palliative and supportive care
- Module 2: An introduction to the Advance Project® and resources
- Module 3: Successful integration of the Advance Project® resources into your general practice.
Module 1 and 3 take approximately 30 minutes to complete and module 2 takes up to 40 minutes to complete. A certificate of completion can be downloaded after each of the modules.
Your participation in an optional survey after the online training program will help us to improve and refine the program for the future.
"The roles and responsibilities in advance care planning are defined to ensure a supportive outcome for patients, carer and family." - Practice Manager training participant