After completing the eLearning module, GPs will be able to:
- Describe the benefits and role of general practice in advance care planning (ACP) and early identification and assessment of patients’ palliative and supportive care needs;
- Use the Advance ProjectTM Guide and evidence-based tools to initiate ACP and assessing patients and carers’ palliative and supportive care needs.;
- Identify and screen patients and carers who may benefit from ACP and/or a palliative and supportive care needs assessment;
- Evaluate patients’ and carers’ concerns, symptoms, questions and priorities identified through a structured ACP and/or supportive care needs assessment;
- Identify patients who could benefit from referral to specialist palliative care and explain the benefits of this referral to them.
The eLearning module for General Practitioners has been accredited by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
It will take approximately 2 hours to complete. You do not have to complete the entire learning activity in one sitting. You can leave the module at any time and recommence where you left the next time you log in. Four category 2 continuing professional development (CPD) points are earned by successfully completing this module.
Your participation in an optional survey after the online training program will help us to improve and refine the program for the future.